Tuesday, February 03, 2009

in lit lect - thinking about climbing

result of being in lit lect - but thinking about climbing

Aller!

8am lecture dragged me out of bed
Away from lazing the morning away
The Prof is teaching Wilfred Owen
I'm feeling guilty cuz I'm not list'ning

Mind drifts to things tt've been burd'ning
Sitting in the back of my head - cluttering
Arms aching a little bit, continuously
From pulling up in training - or trying

Oh of trying and trying and trying some more
Yet I can't do it; frustrated now
Here's an easy route, flash it, come on!
Aller! Aller! Aller up the wall

Like a lizard, or a monkey, off I go
Read the route perfectly, sequence dead on
Feet and hands step and grip
Aim right grab right ride the swing

Reach the End, the ecstacy
I think of it till hands get sweaty
I wanna do what it takes to send it
Beat the ache fight the pain, aller.

And separately...

Don't question why Im doing this
That's not what i need; my mistake for whining
Bruises, strains, who cares seriously
"Climbing? Training? How do you train for climbing?"

No comments: