Sunday, April 03, 2011

photo editing

A mini crisis occurred last week... Lukas, who was in charge of Global House at UConn when we went there for exchange, is leaving and so Julia one of our friends there suggested we write something up for him as she's putting together a scrapbook. Problem was she needed it in a week which is too little time for us to get to work with colored papers, glue and markers and snail-mail it over (snails take > 7 days to get from here to Connecticut).

So we had to do it digitally, and that's when I realized I have no idea how to use any of those swanky applications that can help me produce something pretty on the computer. I ended up doodling on paint during EFP class (ikr, how 20 years ago) which I don't think I even did properly, sent it over to Val who brightened it (which is a separate LOL story altogether cos she realized that she. does. not. even. HAVE. paint. We're all arty-farty that way) and this is our final product:



While it is sweet in that amateur-but-sincere way, I think it'd be pretty cool to know how to make pro-looking things too. So i heard from a little bird that there's this photo-editing software called 'Photoshop' that's supposed to be like super-great. I've downloaded it but still have no idea how to use it and have yet to uncover the gems that may lie within. Still, since I have nothing much to do on this lazy Sunday evening (except for 4 final research papers, 2 response papers and 1 project, but who's counting?) I decided to try editing one photo! TA DA! although i very likely did not do this properly either and don't know if the edited photo looks any better; just know it looks kind of sort of different?



erm... transformation of Rockbear from a dark gloomy gym floor to a less dark less gloomy gym floor? haha CMI!



It took me like way long to do this though... Boy do all those pro photographers have their work cut out for them =/

No comments: